Top 3 CMS Platforms in 2021admin
If you are thinking of building a website whether, for blogging or an online store, or for any other purpose, you should know about CMS. Those days are gone when you have to hire an engineer to help you post content on your website. CMS development in the UK is quite a practice because posting content has become easy with the help of this tool.
Let’s look into it in detail and the 3 best CMS platforms that you should know.
What is CMS?
Content Management System (CMS) is a tool or an application that helps the user to manage, edit, create and publish web content easily. With the help of this application, the user does not need to know to code because it has a simple layout that can be understood by any. The content uploaded in CMS is stored in a database and shown in the form of a presentation layer on your template of the website.
These are the basic features of CMS:
Content creation: Allows the user to create and format the content of web pages easily.
Content storage: Stores all the uploaded content in one database.
Multiple users access: Gives access to multiple users for creating, editing and publishing content on the web.
Workflow Management: It has three role positions such as authors, editors, and admins. Assigns roles and privileges to each based on the position.
Content publishing: organizes and lives the content on the website.
Top 3 CMS platforms
Now, let’s talk about the 3 best CMS platforms that you can use in 2021 for creating, editing and publishing web content.
WordPress.org is the top choice for anyone looking for building a website with the help of template and editing it by himself. It is the most popular platform available on the internet and CMS development in the UK is done mostly this. Nearly 35% of the websites on the internet are powered by WordPress.org. You should not confuse it with WordPress.com which is used only for blogging, whereas WordPress.org is for any kind of website.
- It gives freedom and flexibility to build any kind of website, i.e. blog, online store, membership site, etc.
- The platform does not require having knowledge of technical skills. Its editor makes it easy for you to create and publish content.
- With your online store powered by WordPress.org, you can make money with freedom.
- It is well designed and optimized according to SEO and has plenty of SEO friendly features to use.
- WordPress has free and paid useful plugins and themes available to enhance your site and make it efficient.
- It downloads all your data in XML format so you can easily transfer data to another system when needed.
- Due to plenty and plenty of options, it can be daunting for first-time users.
- It does not provide security or backup, for which you will be responsible for on your own after setting up your hosting and domain name.
The second most popular CMS platform available online is Wix. It has many free plans and is considered beginner-friendly. The Wix is the best option for people who are making a website for the first time because it has an easy interface that can be set up easily.
- Wix has pre-made and fully responsive templates to use for beginners. These are even browser and mobile-friendly.
- Wix has drag and drop features which makes the interface easy to use and create the look you want. You can yourself edit any part of the page.
- Through Wix App Market, you can download many apps for your website and give it new features which work just like WordPress plugins.
- Once you choose a template to edit and choose for your website, you cannot go back to your decision and stick to one template.
- It doesn’t have easy download and export data to other platforms. You have to copy-paste manually all the content to transfer it to another site.
- If you want to make an e-commerce website or online store, you have to upgrade to a paid plan.
- If you use the free plan, your website will have Wix domain name and ads run by Wix which makes money for the Wix.
Joomla is another free platform for CMS development in the UK that comes with extensions and templates. It provides free services except if you want to have a domain name and host, you have to pay for the services. It has been operating since WordPress from 2005. It is an ideal platform for developers and website creators, however, might be difficult for beginners.
- It offers plenty of options and flexibility, Wix is the best choice if your website is gonna be complicated and loaded with plenty of features.
- It might be best for developers but anyone can use it who does not want to touch a code. It is also easy creating, editing, and publishing content.
- It is open source and can be used for running an e-commerce store with the help of available extensions.
- The interface is complicated depending on the use and if you are building something complex then you might want to take help from a developer.
- Joomla does not have many additional extensions.
- You will run on an issue if you install too many modules or extensions on this platform.
Benefits of CMS
CMS brings lots of benefits with itself. The two main benefits of using CMS are:
The main benefit of CMS is that it allows multiple users to use it. With CMS, any user that is given permission, can create, edit, manage and publish content on the website. It is a browser-based interface and can be accessed by users who have the id and password.
Best for non-technical people
Another main benefit of using CMS is that it is the best option for people who do not know how to code. People who do not know any programming language now do not have to depend on a developer for publishing content on the website. The CMS platforms available online for creating, editing, and publishing websites allows users to write content, upload multimedia without any coding.
If you use CMS, you save plenty of time by editing the content by yourself instead of asking the front-end developer to make changes for you. In this way, work is done quickly and efficiently.